Outside Sales Associate
- Lumberjack Building Centers - Marysville
- Marysville, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
Outside Sales Associate provides excellent customer service to CNRG's professional customers by providing timely information and follow through on customer orders. Contractor sales person must follow company policy and procedures and behave in an ethical and professional manner at all times. Most of the outside salesperson's time is spent calling on customers or prospects rather than in the store.
• Practice excellent customer service.
• Provide product knowledge expertise to assist contractors, remodelers, industrial accounts, and other professional customers.
• Call on contractor customers using management-approved call schedule
• Possess knowledge of competitor strengths and weaknesses and develop appropriate and accurate methods of presenting CNRG products and services as alternatives to those of competitors.
• Coordinate timing and special requirements for jobsite deliveries with delivery personnel.
• Maintain professional and courteous manner in dealing with customers in person or by telephone and e-mail.
• Participate in local builder associations as appropriate.
• As requested by the customer, perform material "takeoffs" – estimates of the specific items and quantities necessary to complete a customer's job.
• When quoting jobs, recommend to management any retail price adjustments necessary to ensure the customer's business. Price special orders from wholesale catalogs or online sources according to store and company guidelines for gross margins.
• Prospect for new customers by telephone and in person.
• Remain current with local and national sources for permitting or other job-related information.
• Write orders and special orders using CNRG point-of-sale systems in an appropriate manner and so orders are processed completely and correctly by suppliers the first time.
• Assist with collection of outstanding credit balances and reconciliation of customer statements. Help customers responsibly and effectively utilize Blue Tarp or in-house credit services.
• Use CNRG Resource Center to submit instances of items with incorrect retail prices, items that will not scan properly, or items with incorrect descriptions.
• Provide management with regular reporting on sales performance, call history, and upcoming quoting opportunities.
• Participate in special store events (e.g. physical inventories) as directed by Store Manager.
Budgets and Financial Performance:
• Maintain budgeted or otherwise acceptable level of sales and gross margin across all product categories.
• Maintain budgeted mix of customer accounts.
• Demonstrate growth in new accounts on a monthly basis.
Safety & Loss Prevention:
• Possess working knowledge of company and store security measures.
• Act in an ethical and professional manner and always represent the company in a positive light.
• Follow company or jobsite safety guidelines and basic safety practices at all times. Participate in regular store safety meetings.
• Utilize care when driving to customer jobsites or other places of business.
Perform other duties similar to those above as assigned by the store manager's supervisor or other qualified corporate or platform representative.
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility in a satisfactory manner. Qualifications include a minimum of 2-3 years of previous work experience dealing with retail sales of building materials and hardware to professional contractors. Must possess strong math, reading, writing, and speaking skills, and a personable and trustworthy demeanor. Must possess problem-solving ability and good organizational skills, and must be able to communicate using telephone and e-mail. Knowledge of lumber, building materials, blueprint reading, residential homebuilding, contractor sales, and general hardware merchandise is preferred. Must be able to lift and load merchandise weighing up to 100 lbs. for various amounts of time, lift and load merchandise over six feet off the ground, climb a ladder, drive to customer jobsites or other places of business, and maneuver safely at the store, in the yard or warehouse, and at jobsites. High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
This job is a salary or commission-based position and is exempt from overtime. Though successful outside salespeople may be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of career progression. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts