Assistant Managers - Town & Country Hardware (Greater Raleigh, Durham & Chapel Hill Area)
- - Town & Country
- Cary, NC, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
We are seeking outstanding manager canididates to develop into assistant managers to join our team. The position will in the Greater Raleigh, NC area. Candidates must have 2-3 years experience in retail and leadership. Candidates will prior experience with companies such as ACE, True Value, or similar companies is a plus.
Store locations to include: Chapel Hill, Chapel Hills, Cary, and Wake Forest, NC areas.
The Assistant Store Manager has the responsibility for all store activities in the Store Manager's absence. The Assistant Store Manager must exemplify the company's culture through the execution of the Mission and Values. Additionally, a successful Assistant Store Manager will demonstrate aggressive customer service at all times, effectively lead all store associates and is responsible for total store operations in the absence of the Store Manager. The Assistant Store Manager must have expertise in company culture, merchandising, shrink control and operational aspects of the store. A successful Assistant Store Manager must be knowledgeable of the local market, customer base, seasonality opportunities, competitors and other specifics of the local market that may influence the business. The Assistant Store Manager is a role model, a leader, problem-solver, and strategic thinker, who must manage her/his time to help achieve budgeted goals. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for instilling CNRG's Mission and Values in all associates and ensures the entire store operates according to CNRG's operational guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, Include but are not limited to
- Exemplify and ensure CNRG's Mission and Values remain forefront in daily business as well as keeping all associates informed as to store and company expectations and news
- Ensure aggressive customer service is defined to associates and demonstrated as part of total store operations to exceed customer expectations
- Assist in achieving store budgeted goals through her or his key associates and/or her or his own actions
- Properly merchandising the retail sales floor to company set standards.
- Verify merchandise is received, stored and merchandised in all departments according to established operational and safety procedures.
- Monitoring delivery procedures to ensure merchandise is loaded and delivered on time and customers coming to pick up merchandise are processed promptly and courteously.
- Ensuring commercial sales associates are aggressively pursuing new commercial customers while maintaining aggressive customer service for current customers.
- Reporting any unusual occurrences promptly to the Store Manager. Also, acting to solve problems immediately that require immediate attention.
- In the absence of the Store Manager leading all associates, providing direction and feedback on a consistent basis to ensure the store is being operated according to company policies and standards.
- Assisting with recruiting, selecting, and training associates
- Helping create a team environment throughout the store
12. Must be certified in all areas in the store to include but are not limited to inside and outside forklifts, DOT, gate, receiving and service desk
13. Must complete the HCI product knowledge course, be able to complete opening and closing procedures and master all store customer service skills to include, but are not limited to banding lumber, cutting keys, mixing paint, keying locks and cutting flooring
- 14. Other functions as assigned by her/his supervisor or company official.
A Successful Assistant Store Manager:
Must demonstrate excellent leadership and problem solving skills. Be able to manage with limited supervision. They must have good oral/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors and other associates. A successful Assistant Store Manager must understand aggressive customer service and be team-oriented. They must have good management and organizational skills. Additionally, they must understand and interpret data presented in statistical or numerical form and be able to use it effectively in assessing and coordinating the merchandise and operational aspects of the store operations in the absence of the Store Manager. They must be detail oriented and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. They must be able to climb up and down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, lift up to 50 lbs., handle large odd shaped items, and stock items in overhead areas. Finally, they must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
This job is an exempt hourly position. There are no guarantees for career progression. This does not mean that you will not be considered for other opportunities. CNRG's culture is to promote from within and consideration will be given to CNRG's candidates with experience.
CNRG's, Inc. complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.