- Lumberjack Building Centers - Marine City
- Marine City, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
CDL Truck drivers are responsible for providing excellent customer service while safely
delivering goods to homeowners or professional job sites. Truck drivers must be careful keepers
of company assets such as trucks and forklifts and must always act in a safe and professional
manner. The position description for the CDL Truck Driver is similar to that of the Truck Driver,
but the CDL Truck Driver is responsible for possessing and maintaining an active Class A
Commercial Driver's License, necessary for operation of vehicles with gross vehicle weight in
excess of 26,000 lbs., as well as any other endorsements required by states in which CNRG
operates. While the CDL Truck Driver is able to operate heavier equipment, CDL Truck Drivers
may be required to deliver materials of any type in any company vehicle.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver merchandise to homeowners and job sites using company equipment.
- Unload material at destination utilizing best means of unloading (e.g. unloading by hand, by dumping, or by forklift) when considering all relevant factors such as site characteristics, type of material, number of people available to assist, and type of equipment.
- Develop thorough expertise related to operation of the vehicles and forklifts utilized at the store.
- Possess complete knowledge of highways, roads, traffic patterns, and terrain for the local delivery region in order to maximize delivery efficiency and safely reduce the time spent per delivery.
- Follow written and verbal customer directions or other dispatch instructions.
- Address all customers or their job site representatives with polite courtesy and professional words and actions.
- Assist with load building and delivery preparation before delivery takes place.
- Assist with yard and warehouse maintenance and cleanliness.
- Assist with unloading incoming freight as necessary.
- Assist with loading customers in yard as necessary.
Safety & Loss Prevention:
- Complete and document daily and weekly maintenance checklist to ensure safe operation and enhance longevity of company equipment.
- Follow company procedure for job site pick-ups and refund processing.
- Follow company procedure with regard to any handling of paperwork, cash, credit cards, or checks at job sites.
- Adhere to all traffic laws, speed or weight limits, and other posted directions at store or job sites.
- Possess strong working knowledge of store security measures as they relate to delivery and yard operations.
- Ensure all equipment is in good condition and safe (ladders, forklifts, trucks).
- Follow company safety guidelines and basic safety practices at all times.
- Attend and participate at regular safety meetings with store associates.
- Maintain delivered inventory in a manner that best protects against loss and theft (proper banding and strapping, tarps as necessary, job site drops, etc.).
Perform other duties similar to those above as assigned by the store manager's supervisor or other qualified corporate or platform representative.
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility in a satisfactory manner. Qualifications
include possession of an active Class A Commercial Driver's License, forklift certification, some
truck driving or delivery experience, experience dealing with the public, an exemplary driving
record, good basic math skills, and satisfactory reading, writing, and speaking skills. Knowledge
of building materials and operation of delivery vehicles is preferred. Must have demonstrated
ability to pass any drug tests required by the company or DOT. Must be able to lift and load
merchandise weighing up to 100 lbs. for various amounts of time, place merchandise in locations
above six feet in height, unload a delivery truck, climb a ladder, and maneuver safely at store, in
yard or warehouse, and at job sites. High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
This job is an hourly position (not exempt from overtime). Though successful truck drivers may
be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of
career progression. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts