- Marvin's - Talladega
- Talladega, AL, USA
- Part Time
A Gate Attendant must strive to provide great customer service and protect company assets by thoroughly and accurately checking merchandise on incoming and outgoing vehicles on the yard. A Gate Attendant greets customers, directs customers to merchandise and arranges for customer assistance when needed. The position also includes assembly of products and securing merchandise on vehicles for customers. Since the Gate Attendant will often be the first and last person a customer will encounter when shopping at Marvin's they should greet each customer when they enter and thank each customer for shopping with us when they leave.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, Include but are not limited to
- Exemplify and ensure Marvin's Mission and Values remain forefront in daily
- Ensure aggressive customer service is demonstrated as part of gate operations to exceed customer expectations
- Detecting and protecting against any possible loss of merchandise from Marvin's
- Performing physical and safety surveys
- Maintaining gate logs
- Inspecting all delivery vehicles, both outside freight companies and Marvin's vehicles
- Properly checking all customer vehicles
- Performing opening and closing duties
- Greeting customers as they enter and exit the yard, creating a lasting impression of friendliness to the customer
- Accurately verifying merchandise quantities, descriptions, and prices
- Directing customers to items on the yard and calling for customer assistance when needed
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude when dealing with customers
- Loading & securing merchandise for customers
- Assembling merchandise for customers and store displays
- Assisting in keeping the store and lumberyard clean
- Must be certified on the gate and outside forklift and know the lumber color codes
- Other functions as assigned by her/his supervisor
A Successful Gate Attendant:
Must have good oral/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors, and other associates in person and on the telephone. Must be customer service-oriented and team-oriented as well as operating by the company's Mission and Values. Must have good organizational skills. Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be
able to reach, bend, twist, kneel, lift up to 50 lbs., handle large odd shaped items, and read instructions and use hand tools to assemble products. Must be able to accurately count and distinguish merchandise. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
This job is an hourly position with eligibility for gain-sharing on store performance. There are no guarantees for career progression. This does not mean that you will not be considered for other store positions or opportunities. Marvin's culture is to promote from within and consideration will be given to Marvin's candidates with experience.
Marvin's, Inc. complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.