- Marvin's - Selma
- Selma, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Benefits after 90 days
A Truck Driver should provide aggressive customer service by delivering items to customers in a safe and timely manner without damaging the merchandise. Ensuring customers are satisfied with the product delivered (accuracy and quality) as well as placement of product is the key to a successful delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, Include but are not limited to
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOT certifications and CDL if required
- Exemplify and ensure Marvin's Mission and Values remain forefront in daily activities
- Ensure aggressive customer service is demonstrated as part of every delivery to exceed customer expectations
- Presenting a consistent, pleasant, customer service oriented image to customers
- Accurately and safely delivering merchandise to customers' homes and businesses
- Pulling and staging orders
- Providing appropriate solutions to customers questions
- Working with other associates in order to complete tasks and achieve budgeted goals
- Making collections for C.O.D. deliveries
- Performing safety checks on truck and cargo for safe operation while driving
- Completing daily operational and safety logs
- Responsible for the appearance and upkeep of trucks and equipment and reporting all needed repairs and maintenance needs
- Must be outside forklift and driver certified in a timely manner following initial hire date
- Accurately report all traffic incidents involving company vehicles and citations affecting driver's license status
- Keep the delivery truck(s) clean and well organized in addition to assisting with the cleanliness of the facility
- Assisting on the lumberyard when not on deliveries or other times when necessary
- Other functions as assigned by her/his supervisor
A Successful Driver:
Must have good oral/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors, and other associates in person and on the telephone. Must be customer service-oriented and team oriented. Must have good organizational skills. Must be able to effectively manage
multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to obtain DOT certification and maintain the certification without interruption. Additionally, if a store has a delivery truck that requires a CDL license you must have and maintain a current Commercial Driver's License (CDL). You must have and maintain a driving record acceptable to Marvin's insurance carrier to operate a company vehicle. Must be 21 years or older and must be able to drive a delivery truck with a manual transmission. Must be able to climb up and down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, lift up to 50 lbs., handle large odd shaped items, and stock items in overhead areas. Must be able to accurately count and distinguish merchandise. Must be able to learn to operate a forklift safely and efficiently. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
This job is an hourly position with eligibility for gain-sharing on store performance. There are no guarantees for career progression. This does not mean that you will not be considered for other store positions or opportunities. Marvin's culture is to promote from within and consideration will be given to Marvin's candidates with experience.
Marvin's, Inc. complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts