Outside Team Leader & Team Leader
- Marvin's - Thomasville
- Thomasville, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
The Team Leader has the responsibility for all store activities in the absence of salaried store management. A Team Leader must exemplify the company's culture through the execution of our Values. Additionally, a successful Team Leader will demonstrate aggressive customer service at all times, effectively lead all store associates and is responsible for total store operations in the occasional absence of salaried store management. A Team Leader must develop expertise in company culture, merchandising, shrink control and operational aspects of the store and continuously focus on career development toward senior management. A successful Team Leader must become knowledgeable of the local market, customer base, seasonality opportunities, competitors and other specifics of the local market that may influence the business. A Team Leader is a role model, a leader and problem-solver, who must manage her/his time to help achieve budgeted store goals. A Team Leader is responsible for instilling our Values in all associates and ensures the entire store operates according to operational guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exemplify and ensure our Values remain forefront in daily business as well as keeping all associates informed as to store and company expectations and news
- Ensure aggressive customer service is defined to associates and demonstrated as part of total store operations to exceed customer expectations
- Supervising other associates as assigned
- Maintaining a high level of enthusiasm, commitment, and energy, and motivating other associates to do the same
- Providing appropriate solutions to customers questions
- Keeping up-to-date on all current programs, company procedures, and communicating them to all team players
- Properly coordinating merchandise orders to keep up with sales trends and customer demands
- Completing cycle counts in a timely manner and reconciling any inventory discrepancies
- Demonstrating leadership and adhering to Marvin's Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Training all incoming new associates in product knowledge, selling skills, and customer service.
- Maintaining the appearance of the sales floor and stock areas to include stocking product
- Creating merchandise displays to improve sales and ease of shopping
- Working with other associates in order to complete tasks and achieve budgeted goals
- Cleaning the store and exterior areas of the facility
- Helping identify and correct safety problems or hazards.
- Completing price shops and price changes in a timely manner
- Must be certified in all areas in the store to include but are not limited to inside and outside forklifts, DOT, gate, receiving and service desk
- Must be able to complete opening and closing procedures and master all store customer service skills to include, but are not limited to banding lumber, cutting keys, mixing paint, keying locks and cutting flooring
Perform other duties similar to those above as assigned by the store manager's supervisor or other qualified corporate or platform representative.
Must demonstrate leadership and problem solving skills. Be able to manage with limited supervision. They must have good oral/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors and other associates. A successful Team Leader must understand aggressive customer service and be team-oriented. They must be able to develop good management and organizational skills. Additionally, they must develop their ability to understand and interpret data presented in statistical or numerical form and be able to use it effectively in assessing and coordinating the merchandise and operational aspects of the store operations in the absence of salaried management. They must be detail oriented and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. They must be able to climb up and down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, lift up to 50 lbs., handle large odd shaped items, and stock items in overhead areas. Finally, they must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
This job is an hourly position (non-exempt from overtime). Though successful sales associates may be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of career progression. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts