Management - Kent McLendon Hardware
- McLendon - Kent
- Kent, WA, USA
- Full Time
Be Legendary at McLendon Hardware!
Join a legendary team at McLendon Hardware. We pride ourselves on providing Legendary Customer Service to all of our customers. McLendon Hardware is "Where People Make the Difference." We seek out positive, energetic people who have the ability to build lifelong friendships and relationships with our customers. Our long-time Team Members are a testament to our commitment of employing folks who want to enjoy what they do, become an expert and join in teamwork to solve problems and provide our Legendary Customer Service to Every Customer, Every Time.
We are currently looking for a Ledgendary Zone Manager, also known as a Team Lead.
Homeowners trust McLendon Hardware to provide expert advice and offer all the products needed to successfully complete their home improvement projects.
We pride ourselves on providing Legendary Customer Service to all of our Customers. McLendon Hardware is "Where People Make the Difference".
Days Off: Varies
Reports to: Store Manager
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor's Degree in Business Management preferred.
- 2 - 10 years of progressive retail management experience.
- Proficient in the use of computers, including: MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), POS and Inventory Systems.
- Must have ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Strong customer service with proficient written and verbal English abilities.
- Strong P & L knowledge.
- Must be able to secure Washington State Pesticide License within one (1) year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate a Store Team.
- Manage operations to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Provide McLendon Hardware Legendary Customer Service.
- Respond to customer issues and comments.
- Ensure Team Members are trained and have all tools required to successfully complete their job.
- Analyze sales figures and forecast future sales and staffing needs to maximize profits.
- Analyze and interpret trends to facilitate planning.
- Initiate changes to improve business.
- Manage stock levels and make key decisions regarding inventory control.
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Resolve health and safety, legal and security issues.
- Deal with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development.
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring local competitors.
- Tour the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, identifying and resolving urgent issues.
- Promote the organization locally by liaising with local schools, chambers, newspapers, and the general community.
- Update colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues.
Workplace and Schedule:
McLendon Hardware Stores are currently open Monday through Saturday from 7am to 8pm and on Sundays 8am to 8pm. To mean business needs, candidates will need to be willing to work early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays and extended shifts. During the training/on boarding process, they may be transferred one or more times to different store locations and will be expected to adapt to these new environments quickly and easily.
Management job description is subject to change progressively as there is growth in business.
Compensation can include competitive wages, incentive plan, paid vacation and sick time, Employee purchase discount, medical and dental coverage and other benefits depending on position.
Click the 'Apply for this Position' link. All candidates will be required to complete the online Application.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts