Part-Time Cashier - Sumner McLendon Hardware
- McLendon - Sumner
- Sumner, WA, USA
- Part Time
Join a legendary team at McLendon Hardware. We pride ourselves on providing Legendary Customer Service to all of our customers. McLendon Hardware is "Where People Make the Difference." We seek out positive, energetic people who have the ability to build lifelong friendships and relationships with our customers. Our long-time Team Members are a testament to our commitment of employing folks who want to enjoy what they do, become an expert and join in teamwork to solve problems and provide our Legendary Customer Service to Every Customer, Every Time.
Cashier Position Description
The primary responsibility of the Cashier is to process customer sales of retail hardware goods using McLendon's "Point of Sale" (POS) System, as well as provide McLendon's legendary customer service by greeting and directing customers to the products they are looking for. This position works under close supervision and must work closely with customers and other Team Members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cashiering – Accurately uses POS screens and procedures to complete customer transactions, including, but not limited to, sales, special orders, gift certificates, invoicing, no tax and discounts. Receives accurate payment for merchandise in the form of cash, check, credit, debit, store account and other alternative tender. Follows all cash handling procedures, as well as accurately completes necessary paperwork. Knows and conveys the McLendon Hassle Free Return Policy.
- Customer Service – Greets customers, acknowledges their presence and provides courteous, efficient and attentive service in a timely manner. Identifies customer needs and provides assistance with the handling of large or heavy items when necessary. Addresses customer questions and complaints, exercising tact and good judgment, including involving Cashier Lead, Head Cashier and/or Management, as required, to resolve customer issues.
- Product Knowledge – General knowledge of merchandise carried and where it is located in order to direct customers.
- Loss Prevention – Identifies counterfeit currency and shoplifting indicators.
- Housekeeping – Keeps counter areas clean, neat, stocked and organized.
- Stocks and/or marks prices of nearby merchandise, as necessary and as time allows.
- Puts away returned merchandise to store shelf in appropriate department.
- Answers store phone.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- One (1) year cashier experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and lift merchandise up to 35 pounds for the majority of the workday.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Must have basic computer knowledge to include general typing and 10 key skills.
- Must have the ability to read and write English and have proficient math skills.
- Must be dependable. Due to the nature and responsibilities of this position, dependable regular attendance is required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts