CDL Driver - Sumner McLendon Hardware
- McLendon - Sumner
- Sumner, WA, USA
- Full Time
Join a legendary team at McLendon Hardware. We pride ourselves on providing Legendary Customer Service to all of our customers. McLendon Hardware is "Where People Make the Difference." We seek out positive, energetic people who have the ability to build lifelong friendships and relationships with our customers. Our long-time Team Members are a testament to our commitment of employing folks who want to enjoy what they do, become an expert and join in teamwork to solve problems and provide our Legendary Customer Service to Every Customer, Every Time.
The primary responsibility of the Driver is to deliver and pick-up merchandise, and inter-store mail at the appropriate retail and/or customer specified location. The Driver works under immediate supervision, and must work closely with Store Team Members and Customers. A Driver may, on occasion, load and unload merchandise onto and off of a truck/trailer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1.) Delivery – Delivers and unloads merchandise to various stores and customer specified locations. Pick-ups merchandise from store transfers and vendors as assigned.
2.) Vehicle Servicing – Performs pre-trip inspections and identifies and schedules routine and/or emergency service for delivery vehicles. Fuels equipment as required.
3.) Equipment – Upon training and certification, must operate equipment, including but not limited to: forklifts, reach lifts, and pallet jacks.
4.) Driving - Drives company vehicles according to all McLendon standards and Washington State laws and must maintain a good driving record. Maintain daily trip log.
5.) Customer Service – Acknowledges customers' presence and provides courteous, efficient, and attentive service in a timely manner when making deliveries at retail store and customer locations.
6.) Cleaning - Keeps truck and trailer clean, garbage free, and presentable.
1.) Assists in packing freight and pulling yard lists using RF gun.
2.) Keeps yard organized, clean, and hazard free.
3.) Unloads flatbed trucks as they arrive.
4.) Performs other duties as needed.
- Washington State Drivers License and a good driving record required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have Commercial Drivers License (CDL) endorsement as necessary.
- Must have current Medical Examiners Certificate, as required by law.
- Working knowledge of King, Pierce, and Snohomish areas and roads strongly preferred.
- One or more years of delivery truck driving experience (10,000 lbs. gross weight or more) and a minimum of one year experience loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
- Must have previous forklift operation experience and/or ability to obtain McLendon Hardware certification.
- Must have the ability to stand, climb, bend, and lift merchandise of up to 50lbs for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to effectively and efficiently perform the job productively.
- Must have positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have basiccomputer knowledge.
- Must have the ability to read and write English and have basic math skills.
- Must be dependable. Due to the nature and responsibilities of this position, dependable regular attendance is required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts