Cashier (Full-Time & Part-Time)
- Moore's Lumber & Hardware - Moore's
- Dahlonega, GA, USA
- Full Time
- Benefits after 90 days
A Cashier associate must provide aggressive customer service through greeting customers as they enter the store and the timely, accurate processing of customer transactions. Also, a Cashier Associate greets customers as they approach the register area, scans merchandise, processes all sales, refunds/exchanges and uses the register to close transactions. The position also includes training, maintenance and stocking responsibilities as assigned similar to that of a CNRG's Team Player. Since the Cashier associate will often be the first and last person a customer will encounter when shopping at CNRG's they should greet each customer when they enter and thank each customer for shopping with us as they leave.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, Include but are not limited to
- Understanding and conducting yourself according to CNRG's Mission and Values
- Accurately processing customer transactions in an orderly, timely, and friendly manner (credit cards, cash, checks, etc.)
- Greeting customers as they enter and exit the store, creating a lasting impression of friendliness to the customer
- Verifying merchandise quantities, descriptions, and prices to ensure accuracy when completing a transaction
- Handling returns/exchanges and sales of merchandise
- Answer incoming phone calls in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner
- Receiving payment on commercial accounts, receiving money from drivers on C.O.D. tickets and aiding in credit application completion
- Completing and filing due tickets for customers needing a later pick-up
- Completing and filing rain checks for out-of stock items
- Accurately counting down all tenders, preparing deposits and organizing the drawer for the following day
- Utilizing the credit and check verification system according to established company policy and procedures
- Ensuring the daily inflow and outflow of paperwork, including filing and storage, is handled in an efficient and precise manner according to established procedures which will include daily reports, currency and other documentation as necessary.
- Directing customers to items in the store and calling other team members for customer assistance
- Responsibility for cash and controls to protect company assets
- Ability to maintain a positive customer service-attitude at all times
- Following all Cashier procedures
- Ability to accurately determine the difference between similar products
- Help keep the store clean
- Other tasks as assigned by store management
A Successful Cashier Associate:
Must consistently demonstrate CNRG's Mission and Values. The must have good oral/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors, and other associates in person and on the telephone. Also, they must be customer service-oriented as well as team-oriented and have good organizational skills. A successful Cashier associate must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously. They must be able to climb up and down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, lift up to 50 lbs., handle large odd shaped items, and stock items in overhead areas. They must be able to accurately count and distinguish denominations of money and maintain a high level of product knowledge. Finally, they must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
This job is an hourly position with eligibility for gain-sharing on store performance. There are no guarantees for career progression. This does not mean that you will not be considered for other store positions or opportunities. CNRG's culture is to promote from within and consideration will be given to CNRG's candidates with experience.
CNRG's, Inc. complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts