Commercial Sales Associate
- Marvin's - Oneonta
- Oneonta, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k after 90 days
The Commercial Salesperson plays an important role in driving commercial sales for the store. They should strive to provide superior customer service by providing quality solutions for the business needs of our commercial customers while meeting the individual and store expectations for sales volume and gross margin. The Commercial Salesperson must work effectively with customers, vendors, and other Marvin's associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, Include but are not limited to:
- Presenting a professional, pleasant and positive customer service-oriented image when dealing with customers or vendors either in person or on the phone.
- Practice aggressive customer service to exceed our commercial customer's expectations.
- Maintaining the commercial sales area in the store in a neat and professional manner.
- Processing sales for all cash and credit commercial customers as well as consumer homebuilders and retail customers as needed.
- Possessing the technical expertise and product knowledge necessary to properly assist commercial customers with their questions.
- Meeting commercial sales and gross margin goals for the store.
- Producing materials lists upon request.
- Soliciting, properly documenting on the Quote Log, and promptly responding to quote requests.
- Maintaining Marvin's as an active bidder on all government and institutional bid lists.
- Learning and understanding the proper use of Marvin's computer system(s) and other tools available.
- Soliciting potential customers to open a commercial credit account with Marvin's.
- Working effectively as a team with the commercial sales personnel at other locations, other associates and vendors to best serve our commercial customers and retail customers as needed.
- Becoming familiar with the local market and adapting quickly to changes in the market.
- Assisting store management in developing sales plans outlining target customers, growth opportunities, and sales and margin expectations.
- Advising store management of new product needs and changes.
- Participation in local builder associations (where available) and maintaining business contacts through these organizations.
- Assisting store management in maintaining competitive prices by monitoring local commercial competition.
- Daily calls to existing customers using the Weekly Commercial Call Report and personal visits, documenting these calls and following up on any issues in a timely manner.
- Active participation in weekly meetings with the store manager, assistant manager, yard manager, drivers, and outside team players to discuss any issues relating to the prior week, any upcoming potential issues, future product needs, evaluate sales for the prior week, evaluate opportunities for the upcoming week, and other items relating to commercial sales.
- Other functions as assigned by her/his supervisor or company official. .
A successful Commercial Salesperson:
Must have good oral/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors, and other associates in person and on the telephone. Must be customer service-oriented and team-oriented. Must have good organizational skills. Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Must have a valid driver's license. Must be able to climb up and down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, lift up to 50 lbs., handle large odd shaped items, and stock items in overhead areas. Must be able to accurately count and distinguish merchandise. Must be able to learn to use a computer to complete customer transactions. Must have building construction and product knowledge experience. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
This job is an hourly position. There are no guarantees for career progression. This does not mean that you will not be considered for other store positions or opportunities. Marvin's culture is to promote from within and consideration will be given to Marvin's candidates with experience.
Marvin's, Inc. complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.