Hiawassee Hardware - Yard Associate
- Hiawassee Hardware - Hiawassee
- Hiawassee, GA, USA
- Full Time
- Full-TIme: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k/Part-Time: Dental, Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, 401k
Yard and warehouse associates are responsible for providing excellent customer service while handling merchandise, unloading or loading trucks, and waiting on customers. Yard and warehouse associates must protect company assets such as trucks and forklifts and must always act in a safe and professional manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Customer Service and Inventory Maintenance:
- Greet customers or professional contractors in a friendly manner upon entry into the yard or warehouse.
- Operate forklift to merchandise and stock yard and warehouse.
- Assist truck drivers in delivery of merchandise to homeowners and job sites using company equipment.
- Load materials into customers' vehicles or on to company delivery vehicles, after validating type and quantity based on the record of the transaction from the company's point-of-sale system.
- Develop thorough expertise related to operation of the forklifts, warehouse lifts, pallet jacks, or other equipment utilized for product movement at the store.
- Unload incoming freight, taking care not to damage the incoming goods or the equipment that belongs to the carrier.
- Accurately build loads and prepare materials for delivery before delivery takes place.
- Identify product shortages and out-of-stocks and report to store management.
- Maintain yard and warehouse maintenance in clean and orderly condition.
- Assist cashiers or other store personnel as requested when customers need help with items taken through the register, such as bagged goods or bulky items.
- Assist with contractor sales counter functions as necessary.
Safety & Loss Prevention:
- Possess strong working knowledge of store security measures as they relate to delivery and yard operations.
- Ensure all equipment is in good condition and safe (ladders, forklifts, trucks)
- Follow company safety guidelines and basic safety practices at all times.
- Attend and participate at regular safety meetings with store associates.
- Prepare delivered inventory in a manner that best protects against loss and theft (proper banding and strapping, tarps as necessary, job site drops, etc.)
Perform other duties similar to those above as assigned by the store manager's supervisor or other qualified corporate or platform representative.
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility in a satisfactory manner. Qualifications include forklift certification, some delivery experience, experience dealing with the public, basic math skills, and satisfactory reading, writing, and speaking skills. Knowledge of lumber, building materials, and material handling is preferred. Must be able to lift and load merchandise weighing up to 100 lbs. for various amounts of time, place merchandise in locations above six feet in height, unload a delivery truck, climb a ladder, and maneuver safely at store, in yard or warehouse, and at job sites. High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
This job is an hourly position (not exempt from overtime). Though successful yard and warehouse associates may be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of career progression. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.