Elliott's Hardware - Parts & Service Sales Associate
- Elliott's Hardware - Mesquite
- Mesquite, TX, USA
- Part Time
- Dental, Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, 401k
Sales associates provide excellent customer service to CNRG customers by listening to customers, helping customers identify and clarify their needs, and reacting with accurate information and product recommendations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Smile and greet all customers who enter the department or come within a normal speaking radius of the sales associate. The greeting should include an open-ended question such as "How may I assist you today?" or "What can I help you find today?"
- Practice excellent customer service and listen intently to customer needs.
- Direct customers to the appropriate products for the particular customer need.
- Build customer confidence by supplying product knowledge and technical assistance as it relates to the selection, use, and installation of products sold by CNRG.
- Perform sales counter functions such as order entry, special orders, and price lookup.
- Accept and respond to telephone inquiries from customers in a polite manner that provides the information sought by the customer.
- Merchandise product on shelves or other fixtures according to corporate or other plan-o-grams.
- Make new product recommendations to store management based on customer feedback.
- Write sales orders and special orders using CNRG point-of-sale systems in an appropriate manner and so orders are processed completely and correctly by suppliers the first time.
- Assist in cycle counting of inventory according to a schedule established by management.
- Stock shelves with incoming product as necessary.
- Sign and merchandise product in the store as necessary.
- Face and front product at the beginning and end of each shift, and as time permits.
- Notify regular customer about new products and upcoming store promotions.
- Maintain clean and organized sales counter and selling area so that customers do not perceive CNRG in a negative manner based on store conditions.
- Assist with customer loading of items purchased in the store as necessary.
- Use CNRG Resource Center to submit instances of items with incorrect retail prices, items that will not scan properly, or items with incorrect descriptions.
Safety & Loss Prevention:
- Possess working knowledge of company and store security measures.
- Understand common techniques employed by shoplifters or others seeking to defraud the company and remain vigilant about observing suspect activity and reporting it to management.
- Follow company safety guidelines and basic safety practices at all times. Participate in regular store safety meetings.
Perform other duties similar to those above as assigned by the store manager's supervisor or other qualified corporate or platform representative.
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility in a satisfactory manner. Qualifications include previous work experience dealing with retail sales or general customer service. Must possess strong math, reading, writing, and speaking skills, and a friendly demeanor. Must possess problem-solving ability and good organizational skills, and must be able to communicate using telephone and e-mail. Basic knowledge of lumber, building materials, or general hardware merchandise is required, and specific departmental expertise is preferred. Must be able to lift and load merchandise weighing up to 50 lbs. for various amounts of time, lift and load merchandise over six feet off the ground, climb a ladder, and maneuver safely at the store. High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
This job is an hourly position (non-exempt from overtime). Though successful sales associates may be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of career progression. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.