Marvin's - Cashier (Full-Time & Part-Time)
- Marvin's - Brewton
- Brewton, AL, USA
- Part Time
- Dental, Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, 401k
A Cashier must provide aggressive customer service through greeting customers as they enter the store and the timely, accurate processing of customer transactions. Also, a Cashier greets customers as they approach the register area, scans merchandise, processes all sales, refunds/exchanges and uses the register to close transactions. The position also includes training, maintenance and stocking responsibilities as assigned similar to that of a CNRG - Marvin's Sales Associate. Since the cashier will often be the first and last person a customer will encounter when shopping at Marvin's they should greet each customer when they enter and thank each customer for shopping with us as they leave.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding and conducting yourself according to our Values
- Accurately processing customer transactions in an orderly, timely, and friendly manner (credit cards, cash, checks, etc.)
- Greeting customers as they enter and exit the store, creating a lasting impression of friendliness to the customer
- Verifying merchandise quantities, descriptions, and prices to ensure accuracy when completing a transaction
- Handling returns/exchanges and sales of merchandise
- Answer incoming phone calls in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner
- Receiving payment on commercial accounts, receiving money from drivers on C.O.D. tickets and aiding in credit application completion
- Completing and filing due tickets for customers needing a later pick-up
- Accurately counting down all tenders, preparing deposits and organizing the drawer for the following day
- Utilizing the credit and check verification system according to established company policy and procedures
- Ensuring the daily inflow and outflow of paperwork, including filing and storage, is handled in an efficient and precise manner according to established procedures which will include daily reports, currency and other documentation as necessary.
- Directing customers to items in the store and calling other team members for customer assistance
- Responsibility for cash and controls to protect company assets
- Ability to maintain a positive customer service-attitude at all times
- Following all register procedures
- Ability to accurately determine the difference between similar products
- Help keep the store clea
Safety & Loss Prevention:
Possess working knowledge of company and store security measures.
Understand common techniques employed by shoplifters or others seeking to defraud the company and remain vigilant about observing suspect activity and reporting it to management.
Follow company safety guidelines and basic safety practices at all times. Participate in regular store safety meetings.
Perform other duties similar to those above as assigned by the store manager's supervisor or other qualified corporate or platform representative. Other tasks as assigned by store management.
This job is an hourly position (non-exempt from overtime). Though successful cashier associates may be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of career progression. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.