Part Time Nursery Sales - Woodinville McLendon Hardware
- McLendon - Woodinville
- Woodinville, WA, USA
- Part Time
Join a legendary team at McLendon Hardware. We pride ourselves on providing Legendary Customer Service to all of our customers. McLendon Hardware is "Where People Make the Difference." We seek out positive, energetic people who have the ability to build lifelong friendships and relationships with our customers. Our long-time Team Members are a testament to our commitment of employing folks who want to enjoy what they do, become an expert and join in teamwork to solve problems and provide our Legendary Customer Service to Every Customer, Every Time.
Garden Sales Position Description
The primary responsibility of the Sales Team Member is to create sales, while providing legendary customer service and assistance to do-it-yourself and contractor customers. This position works under close supervision and must work closely with customers, Team Members and occasionally Vendors and Buyers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Service – Provides McLendon Hardware's legendary customer service through courteous, efficient, and attentive service in a timely manner. Effectively shares product knowledge and provides direction, as necessary, to meet the needs of customers.
- Product Knowledge – General knowledge of assigned department's merchandise, including, but not limited to, products carried, location in department, product information and application, location codes, and pricing. Basic familiarity of adjacent departments' merchandise in order to direct and assist customers as needed.
- Sales – Creates sales by assisting customers with product selection, suggesting complimentary merchandise, encouraging add-on sales, generating transfers, offering volume discounts with manager approval and producing special orders. Uses established guidelines to accurately price all special orders with assistance as needed. Completes necessary paperwork and input information into Activant system in a timely manner. Regularly follows up on special orders and with customer to confirm satisfaction.
- Inventory Control – Reports department inventory concerns, including stock shrinkages, outs and overages to Department Lead and Inventory Specialist. Ensures merchandise reflects current price, price codes and location codes. Communicates inventory issues to Department Lead and/or Management.
- Stock – Stocks incoming freight neatly and in appropriate locations. Regularly faces and fronts merchandise within department. Down stocks merchandise as needed to maintain full shelves. Ensures all incoming stock is put away in a timely manner to ensure easy access, safety and loss control.
- Loss Control – Uses shoplifting indicators and excellent customer service to deter and prevent shoplifting.
- Writes loading tickets for customers to use when paying for merchandise as needed.
- Assists with periodic inventories, as needed.
- Maintains a clean, neat and organized department area.
- Assists in maintaining department displays as needed.
- Answers department phones.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- One (1) year hardware experience preferred.
- One (1) year customer service experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and lift merchandise up to 50 lbs for the majority of the workday.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must have the ability to read and write English and have basic math skills, including measurement, conversions and determining quantity needed.
- Must be dependable. Due to the nature and responsibilities of this position, dependable regular attendance is required.