LAWN AND GARDEN HOME HARDWARE CENTER Monroe
- Home Hardware - Monroe
- Monroe, LA, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K
Home Hardware Center, Monroe is looking for a new team member to join us as a Lawn & Garden specialist. In this position, you will be responsible for the overall success of a department or multiple departments within the store. The successful candidate will have experience in the lawn & garden field and preferably retail experience . NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
This position is responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service, increasing sales, and merchandise processing for a department or multiple departments within the store. The effective employee will spend their time helping customers and processing merchandise to increase departmental performance. In conjunction with store leadership, this position executes the Home Hardware Center brand by bringing products to customers with knowledgeable assistance as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Ensures customers are provided with the highest levels of customer service
- Demonstrates and coaches to proper sales and service techniques as dictated by company leadership
- Consistently provides customers with accurate information about current specials and promotions
- Listens to customers and provides courteous and knowledgeable assistance to each and every customer
- Effectively share product knowledge and provide direction as necessary
- Walk the sales floor regularly to ensure all customers are being provided with the service they need
- Accountable for increasing sales in their department(s)
- Provides information to other associates to improve sales and increase product knowledge across the store
- Ensures merchandise is sold at company established prices and discrepancies are addressed and resolved promptly
- Knowledgeable of merchandise on the sales floor, back stock levels, and locations of products
- Review department on a regular basis for improvement opportunities and implement strategies to increase sales and overall customer experience
- Identifies potentially profitable items to bring into stock and coordinates with the Purchasing Team to the assess feasibility of offering the items for sale in the store
- Knowledge of local competitive environment
- Ensures department(s) is well stocked and organized for optimum customer experience.
- Execute proper price changes in a timely fashion.
- Identifies and corrects pricing abnormalities with the assistance of the purchasing team.
- Understand and allocate products to premium sales space to maximize profitability and product turns.
- Ensure a smooth flow of products from the back room to the sales floor.
- Provide a pleasant and safe shopping experience.
- Ensure cleanliness and facing standards are met.
- Address asset protection issues as they arise and proactively work to decrease losses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School degree or G.E.D. equivalent, plus two (2) years experience in a retail environment.
- Experience in retail department management and/or educational equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to effectively navigate basic computer programs and be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Strong math proficiency preferred.
Hoe Hardware Center is an equal opportunity employer. Home Hardware Center is a drug-free workplace. All employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.